Friday, June 5, 2009

The Messengers show at The Belfast Framer

Thanks to Vicki McDaniels, my show, called The Messengers, opens tonight at The Belfast Framer with a reception from 5-7 p.m. The installation presented a challenge this time as the scrolls are meant to merge with each other and create a continuous image that I am comparing to a kind of stream of consciousness. I had to do some of the printing on site, once I could see how the whole thing was coming together. Another thing that caught me off guard: When installed last year at Downtown Gallery the scrolls hung as individual pieces, and the breeze was not as extreme through that space as it is for whatever reason through the Belfast venue. This time the scrolls are lifting and blowing more than I anticipated; I like it that they move but not this much! I will be adding more weights to the bottoms tonight just before the opening...The exhibit will be up until June 27, with daily hours from 10-5 and Saturdays from 10-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment